Business Development Manager
The Profs is an award-winning (The Telegraph’s Best SME Exporter of the Year 2018) and innovative EdTech business providing higher education tutoring to clients and institutions around the world. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join us ahead of our Series A.
You will be in charge of bringing in new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential partners and customers. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will be supported in after-sales service by our award-winning sales teams. If you are motivated and results-driven, we’d like to meet you.
Ideally, you will have contacts in the education world, or else experience building contacts and pipelines. We have an initial list of contacts. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth by bringing in more leads that our sales team can provide with quality tutors. As such, you will be part of our new growth team, working under our Head of Marketing and Director of Sales.
With great challenges come great rewards; should you help the company to achieve its lofty ambitions, there are opportunities for rapid career progression as the company prepares for its first raise.
Nature of Role:
We are open to part-time, fixed-term contract or full time. Ideally, we would like to begin with a three-month contract with the opportunity to join the team full time upon success. The role can be remote, or flexi based in our Central London office.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails.
- Present our company to potential clients.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services.
- Customise product solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and our sales teams.
- Report to Head of Marketing within our weekly growth team (weekly/monthly/quarterly) meeting.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls).
- Present our company to potential clients.
- Track record of achieving sales quotas.
- Experience with pipeline management.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Track record of success within a similar (student-focused or gig-economy) industry.
- Existing list of potential partners within the education sector would be a bonus.
- Graduate degree with 2:1 or equivalent.
- Competitive salary
- 28 Days Holiday with a chance to earn more.
- Opportunity for rapid progression.
- Company Pension Plan.
- Free Access to Company Gym.
- Regular Company socials.
What’s the Office Culture?
The Profs are based in a beautiful central London office with many of the team working flexi. Throughout the year we attend awards ceremonies and put on various events for our team to celebrate hitting targets, work anniversaries or birthdays. Each team member’s birthday is always celebrated with presents and at five years service, you receive a ‘weapon’ of your choice (notable past presents include a chef’s knife, a MontBlanc pen and a great sword). Some of our more recent social events have been rooftop croquet at Skyline, VR tournaments, Swingers Crazy Golf and Trampoline Dodgeball! In addition to this, our office comes with an in-house barista (free coffee), free beer (Meantime brewery), cider, Prosecco and has its own events team that organise weekly events for the whole building which range from lunch and learns and yoga classes, to in-house hairdressers and masseurs. We work hard and play hard.
Update: New Holborn office opened in April 2021.
Expected Start Date: Q2 2022
Salary Range: on experience
How to apply: Please submit the form below or email [email protected] with a brief in-email cover letter.
Want to apply for this role?
If you are interested in applying to this role, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you in regards to your application.