Find A Tutor
Please select a subject and level
PhD International Development Tutors
One Tutor Found
PhD in criminology and social psychology, Oxford graduate, fully qualified barrister, and extensive experience in social research and public policy.
- University of Oxford
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Kent
I have a background in law, social policy, sociology, social psychology and criminology. However, I also support a range of subject areas and currently teach a numeracy and computer skills course, as well as tutoring social work, business, and law/social science students.
- academic tutoring and skills development, including essay writing, engaging with subject matter, and how to form arguments
- dissertation/coursework support from inception to completion
- proof reading and editing
- holistic support, addressing any aspect of a student's life so that they are better able to focus on their studies
- career and future planning
I have a strong academic background and an in-depth knowledge of universities and what it takes to perform academically. I help my students to succeed on their own merit and to develop transferable skills such as writing and critical thinking. I work holistically with each student so that they can bring any aspect of their lives to the tutoring sessions to be addressed. This provides a confidential space and has a wider focus than more conventional forms of tutoring. My sessions are designed to support, challenge, inspire, and build confidence.