Dr N's Tutoring Profile
Top rated graduate teaching assistant in Civil Engineering from Imperial College London for 4 consecutive years
I am specialised in assisting undergraduate BSc/MEng and postgraduate MSc students with exam preparation, dissertation writing and courseworks. I attained student exam performance within the range of 68-92% , including cases of resit students with initial performance below 15%.
I obtained a Diploma in Civil Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens in 2013 with a mark of 94%, graduating second amongst 230 students. I subsequently joined Imperial College London, receiving four scholarships amounting to £ 30,000 from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
I have currently published four journal , and five peer-reviewed conference papers, while establishing a patent through my research.
Since 2015 I have acted as Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) in several MEng and MSc modules, receiving 7 awards in recognition of my teaching excellence across Imperial College London.
I was also selected as global research fellow and ambassador of Imperial College London with MIT. My teaching interests include Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Dynamics, Computational Engineering, Finite Element Analysis, Steel-Reinforced Concrete Design, Structural Stability, Plastic Collapse Analysis, Material Mechanics and Mathematics.
With The Profs I have served nearly 150 hours in online tutoring where I have taught the following subjects: Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Structural Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Structural Engineering, Statics, Dynamics, Structural Design (Prestressed/Reinforced Concrete-Steel), Computational Engineering Analysis, Finite Element Analysis, Structural Stability, Nonlinear Mechanics, Nonlinear Structural Analysis, Theory of Plates and Shells, Plastic Collapse Analysis, Material Mechanics, Manufacturing Systems, General Engineering, Mathematics (Calculus, Linear Algebra, Ordinary / Partial Differential Equations, Fourier Analysis, Complex Analysis).
I am currently working at Imperial College London as a Graduate Teaching Assistant. The topics I teach are: Nonlinear Structural Analysis (MSc, MEng), Finite Element Analysis (MSc), Computational Engineering Analysis (MEng), Mechanics (MEng), Structural Mechanics (MEng), Structural Analysis (MEng), Reinforced Concrete (MSc), Mathematics (Calculus, Linear Algebra, Ordinary / Partial Differential Equations, Fourier Analysis, Complex Analysis) (MEng), Creative Design, Construction Week, Global Summer School
Some more subjects that I cover in my lessons are: Structural Analysis, Finite Elements Analysis, Structural Dynamics, Soil Mechanics, Soil Dynamics, Material Mechanics, Mathematics and Statistics
- PHd Computational Structural Mechanics - Imperial College London 2019
- MSc Earthquake Engineering - Imperial College London 2014
- MEng Civil Engineering - National Technical University of Athens (N.T.U.A.) 2013
Awards & Achievements
- Article received the Telford Premium prize from the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Attained the highest performance in the Earthquake Engineering MSc programme, the Advanced Structural Engineering cluster, as well as amongst the MSc students from all Sections in the Department. IMPERIAL
- ABS Consulting Prize in Earthquake Engineering
- The Patrick J Dowling Prize in Advanced Structural Engineering
- Letitia Chitty Centenary Memorial Prize.
- Best GTA in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Highly Commended GTA in the Faculty of Engineering (2016, 2017)
- Student Academic Choice Award (2019)
- CivSoc award (2017)
|Civil and Structural Engineering||UndergraduatePhDMaster's|
Array (  => tutors  => 64374 )
num_path_components :: 2
tutor_detail :: 1
The Profs Reviews: Live Feed
Contact us to find out more
We are here to helpContact Us