Christian's Tutoring Profile
First class Oxford English Graduate, tutoring up to Degree level.
- The Skinners' School
- University of Oxford
After graduating with a First Class English degree from Oxford, I am a full-time English, History, Politics and Philosophy tutor with five years of tutoring experience. I specialise in helping students get to their first choice universities, working with them throughout the admissions process and helping them secure top grades in exams.
I have been a tutor for five years, since I volunteered at a local comprehensive. I taught GCSE English to students who were achieving Us and Fs in their mocks. With my help, each of my students went on to pass their GCSE English. From there I went to Oxford, where I tutored alongside my studies, covering English, History, Religious Studies and Philosophy at GCSE, IB and A Level. I also worked on creating an online, AI-powered learning platform covering the key pillars of the curriculum. I have written thousands of English, Comprehension and Verbal Reasoning questions as part of this work and this summer launched a series of online lessons to assist with home learning during the pandemic. As well as this, I have lots of experience in assisting students with Oxbridge admissions, particularly for those wishing to study English. I have recently taken up a different kind of tuition role: I am writing and presenting a series of lectures on art and art history, which will be used to teach young people more about the visual arts.
- University of Oxford (2017-2020)
- First Class, BA English Language and Literature The Skinners' School (2010-2017) A Levels:
- English: A*
- History: A*
- Philosophy & Ethics: A* AS Levels:
- Geography: A
Awards & Achievements
- ARTiculation Prize, National Champion ARTiculation is a competition in which students from around the UK write and deliver a ten-minute speech on a piece of art of their choice. I delivered my speech on an engraving by William Blake to audiences at the Saatchi Gallery, the National Gallery, and Clare College, Cambridge. My speech was judged the best out of over 2,000 applicants.
- Harvard Model United Nations I represented Spain on the Disarmament and International Security Committee. I debated for four days with students from 39 countries on the topic of mass surveillance and espionage. I was one of seven in a committee of 400 students to be awarded a prize for the quality of my debating.
- Worcester College Scholarship I was awarded a scholarship for outstanding academic achievement.
- Hudson Institute, Summer Fellowship I was awarded a fellowship by the Hudson Institute, a think-tank in Washington DC. This involves an taking intense course in political theory, as well as working alongside academics and government officials. The fellowship has been postponed until next summer, due to the pandemic.
|Personal Statement||A LevelUndergraduate|
|Interview Training||A LevelUndergraduate|
|Philosophy||A LevelInternational Baccalaureate|
|Oxford Applications||A LevelUndergraduate|
|English Language||A LevelGCSEInternational BaccalaureateCommon Entrance|
|English Literature||A LevelUndergraduateGCSEInternational BaccalaureateCommon Entrance|
|Admissions Advice||A LevelUndergraduate|
|Religious Studies||A LevelGCSEInternational BaccalaureateCommon Entrance|
|History||A LevelGCSEInternational BaccalaureateCommon Entrance|
The Profs Reviews: Live Feed
Contact us to find out more
We are here to helpContact Us