Qualified Arts and Humanities teacher with more than 20 years’ experience
Dr Bess has been a professional Arts and Humanities teacher and tutor for more than two decades. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Design and East Asian Studies from the University of Kansas, two Master’s degrees from the School of Visual Arts (New York) and University of the Arts London (UAL), and a PhD from the University of West England, Bristol. Dr Bess has successfully supported students with essays, theses and dissertations at top UK universities and provides academic support at undergraduate and postgraduate level. She also equips students with the skills needed to succeed in higher education, including academic writing techniques, time and project management, and research skills within the Arts.
London Metropolitan University
University of the Arts London
University of the West of England
22 years of teaching academic wrting, study and research skills at HND, Access, BA, and MA level in the UK at UAL and internationally. I develop modules for HE on Learning how to Learn and in Study and Research Skills.
I provide student learning, support, and guidance on the following:
2)Thesis and Dissertation Support
3) Time and Project Management
4) Research skills within the Arts
- Ph.D An Honourable Practise: The Fine Art Print as a Strategy for Social Engagement - University of West England Bristol 2015
- Theory of Knowledge Oxford Continuing Education 2019
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy 2018
- MA Typographic Design UAL London College of Communication 2001
- MFA Visual Journalism through Narrative School of Visual Arts 1992
- BFA Design and East Asian Studies (cum laude) University of Kansas 1989