Dr Leonard's Tutoring Profile
Top Rated Finance Lecturer, MSc And PhD In Finance From Imperial College London.
- Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
I am the founder of several Education Technology companies focussed on tutoring and distance-learning including The Profs, Spires and BitPaper. My platforms are used by thousands of teachers, tutors and students globally and I have won several national and international awards along with my other co-founders.
In addition, having completed a PhD in Finance, I have also lectured on the MSc Finance Programmes at Imperial College Business School, where I repeatedly scored top rankings in student evaluations. My research focused on informational inefficiencies in credit markets and I have published papers in leading peer-reviewed academic journals. I presented my doctoral thesis at the American Finance Association. Professionally, I was a vice president in the bond trading department of JP Morgan, London. I was a global market strategist and provided research and commentary across all major markets including bonds, credit, equities, FX and commodities.
With an MSc and PhD in Finance from Imperial College London, I am highly specialised in finance. I have lecturing experience at masters and undergraduate levels at 2 top business schools in London and have taught finance, financial maths, computational finance, statistics, and econometrics. Most recently I designed and delivered a course in credit and equity derivatives to 150 MSc students at Imperial College Business School. I scored top rankings in several student polls and have helped thousands of students improve their understanding, confidence, grades and job prospects in financial markets.
I have also tutored extensively to students privately. This help has included providing support for university applications to top business schools, PhD thesis help, CISI/CFA professional finance help, dissertation tutoring and general finance tutoring and mentoring to university students. I have worked with students around the world and pioneered online tutoring technologies and methods that have been adopted by thousands of tutors worldwide. I am one of the top ranked tutors at The Profs and several of my students have gone on to seriously impressive jobs and roles in finance, politics and business.
- PhD Finance - Imperial 2012
- MSc Finance - Imperial 2007
- BSc Physics - Imperial 2006
Awards & Achievements
- Winner - Most Innovative SME - Telegraph (2018)
- Innovation Grant - Department of Education (2018)
- Winner - Tutoring Company of the Year Education Investor (2017)
- Highly Commended - Micro Business of the Year - FSB London Business Awards (2017)
- Finalist - Start-up of the Year - The Guardian (2016)
- Highly Commended - Start-up Of the Year - FSB Worldpay (2016)
- Top Rated Lecturer - Imperial College Business School (2013)
- Chartered Institute of Securities & Investments (2011)
- American Finance Association - Presenter (2010)
- American Finance Association - Doctoral Grant Winner (2010)
- ESRC Academic Studentship - Four-Year Funding (2007)
- Bryanston School Scholarship - Five-Year Funding (1998)
|Dissertation Help||UndergraduatePhDMaster'sLecturerProfessional Qualification|
|Personal Statement||A LevelUndergraduatePhDLecturerInternational Baccalaureate|