Dr Leonard Tutoring Profile
Ex-Vice President of JP Morgan with a PhD in Finance from Imperial College London
Dr Leonard is the founder of several tuition and EdTech companies, including The Profs, Spires and BitPaper, and is ex-Vice President of JP Morgan. The online tutoring technology and methods he has helped to pioneer have now been adopted by thousands of tutors around the world. Dr Leonard also has a Master’s and PhD in Finance, both from Imperial College London, and has previously lectured on Finance, Statistics, Econometrics and more at two of the best business schools in London. In addition to being an expert in his subjects, he has also successfully supported students with applications to top universities and several of his students have gone on to secure leading roles in Finance, Business and Politics.
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
With an MSc and PhD in Finance from Imperial College London, I am highly specialised in finance. I have lecturing experience at masters and undergraduate levels at 2 top business schools in London and have taught finance, financial maths, computational finance, statistics, and econometrics. Most recently I designed and delivered a course in credit and equity derivatives to 150 MSc students at Imperial College Business School. I scored top rankings in several student polls and have helped thousands of students improve their understanding, confidence, grades and job prospects in financial markets.
I have also tutored extensively to students privately. This help has included providing support for university applications to top business schools, PhD thesis help, CISI/CFA professional finance help, dissertation tutoring and general finance tutoring and mentoring to university students. I have worked with students around the world and pioneered online tutoring technologies and methods that have been adopted by thousands of tutors worldwide. I am one of the top ranked tutors at The Profs and several of my students have gone on to seriously impressive jobs and roles in finance, politics and business.
- PhD Finance - Imperial 2012
- MSc Finance - Imperial 2007
- BSc Physics - Imperial 2006
- Winner - Most Innovative SME - Telegraph (2018)
- Innovation Grant - Department of Education (2018)
- Winner - Tutoring Company of the Year Education Investor (2017)
- Highly Commended - Micro Business of the Year - FSB London Business Awards (2017)
- Finalist - Start-up of the Year - The Guardian (2016)
- Highly Commended - Start-up Of the Year - FSB Worldpay (2016)
- Top Rated Lecturer - Imperial College Business School (2013)
- Chartered Institute of Securities & Investments (2011)
- American Finance Association - Presenter (2010)
- American Finance Association - Doctoral Grant Winner (2010)
- ESRC Academic Studentship - Four-Year Funding (2007)
- Bryanston School Scholarship - Five-Year Funding (1998)