Elena's Tutoring Profile
Specialist Research Methods Tutor. Research Scientist with a PhD in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience | Associate Lecturer and Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Birkbeck College (University of London)
I am a Research Scientist in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, Associate Lecturer and Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. I have more than 6 years of experience teaching and tutoring undergraduate and postgraduate students with diverse educational backgrounds.
I am currently in charge of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students the following academic modules:
1) Introduction to Research Methods (Undergraduate);
2) Advanced Research Methods (Postgraduate);
3) Statistics (Undergraduate & Postgraduate);
4) Data analysis packages – SPSS (Undergraduate & Postgraduate);
5) EEG, ERP data analysis toolboxes – EEGLAB, Netstation (Undergraduate & Postgraduate);
6) Psychology (Undergraduate & Postgraduate);
7) Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience (Undergraduate & Postgraduate)
Given my academic position, I have a strong experience 1) preparing and presenting talks to academic audiences; 2) writing, reviewing and submitting scientific manuscripts for publication in international journals; 3) supervising and supporting undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations.
I am an Associate Lecturer and Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. I have more than 6 years of experience as a Private Academic Tutor working with students with diverse educational backgrounds.
- -2016-2020 PhD Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, Birkbeck University of London (awarded)
-2013-2015 MSc Cognitive Neuroscience and Clinical Neuropsychology, University of Padova (distinction)
-2011-2013 BSc Clinical Psychology, University of Bergamo (distinction)
Awards & Achievements
- 2020-2021 Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Fund (ISSF)
2016-2020 Fee waiver & GTA salary
2019 Budapest CEU Conference on Cognitive Development travel award
2019 Research Support fund for BCCCD conference attendance
2018 Neurodevelopmental disorders seminar series student award
2018 International Society for Autism Research student award (INSAR)
2017 Birkbeck Research Support fund for INSAR conference attendance
2016 Birkbeck Research Support fund for Computational Psychiatry course attendance
2015 European Commission Traineeship Fund (ERASMUS)