Jack's Tutoring Profile
Adept PhD student, specialising in biochemistry and oncology, from University College London
- Attended: University College London (University of London)
My motivation for science, coupled with my ambition has led me to pursing a research career in the biosciences that I hope will lead to teaching the next generation of scientists. I have written for the Imperial College student newspaper, Felix, to convey interesting and relevant ideas in medical biology. I have obtained a thorough understanding of biology, chemistry and biochemistry during my six years of higher education. My strengths lie in my communication and clarity with students, detailed understanding of biological and chemical sciences and analysis of examination questions to devise appropriate answers.
During my PhD and Masters of Research, I have taught both undergraduate and masters students. They were typically taught in a laboratory setting to demonstrate techniques and explain fundamental principles. One of my Masters students managed to obtain a Distinction award for her laboratory work and thesis writing and is now applying to the PhD programme herself.
Additionally, since 2016, I have taught a pantheon of students. With my help, my Year 9 student was able to apply for Higher Tier science GCSEs, my GCSE Chemistry and Physics student was confident for her final year exams and my A level biology student reached a sufficient level to successfully enter a biological science Bachelor of Science.
- Distinction in Masters of Research Distinction from Imperial College London (2018-2019)
- 2.1 in Bachelor of Science from University of Nottingham (2014-2018)
- 1 A, 2 B's in A Levels (2012-2014)
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded fully-funded BBSRC Summer studentship at Professor Ronald Chalmers Laboratory at the University of Nottingham
- Final 16 contestant of the Three-Minutes Research Presentation competition at Imperial College London
- Extended Project Qualification - ‘The effect of chemotherapy and radiotherapy on human health'. Examined and assessed detrimental consequences of cancer treatments from a variety of sources including literature and patients.
|Academic Writing||A LevelUndergraduateMaster'sGCSE|
|Dissertation Help||A LevelUndergraduateMaster'sPhD|
|Personal Statement||A LevelUndergraduateMaster'sGCSEKey Stage 3|
|Study Skills||A LevelUndergraduateMaster'sGCSECommon EntranceKey Stage 3|
|Chemistry||A LevelUndergraduateGCSEKey Stage 3|
|General Science||A LevelGCSECommon Entrance|
|Biology||A LevelUndergraduateMaster'sGCSEPhDCommon EntranceKey Stage 3|
|Molecular and Cellular Biology||UndergraduateMaster's|
|Biochemistry||A LevelUndergraduateMaster'sGCSEPhDCommon EntranceKey Stage 3|
|Microbiology||A LevelUndergraduateGCSECommon EntranceKey Stage 3|
|Science and Technology||A LevelUndergraduateCommon Entrance|
|Bioinformatics||A LevelUndergraduateGCSECommon EntranceKey Stage 3|
The Profs Reviews: Live Feed
Contact us to find out more
We are here to helpContact Us