Face to Face or Online
Fast Response Time
Kostas Tutoring Profile
Harvard and Oxford graduate with 26 years of Language and Linguistic tutoring experience
* A language & literature educator for 26 years.
* Rich and broad teaching experience defined by an excellent ability to help students understand the information being taught and to make it their own.
* Extensive experience teaching teenagers
* Since 2008, I have predominantly been teaching adults.
Private Tutoring: 70000+ hours of experience AND ample examining experience
* IELTS Specialist - 13 year examining experience.
* Academic Writing - support with developing all stages of a research paper
* English Language for the Cambridge ESOL exams - 20 years examining experience.
* English Language and Literature for the IB, AQA, and Endexcel - 11 years examing experience
* Business English & Professional Communication including Public Speaking.
* Interview Skills
* Personal Statement
Lecturing Experience - Oxford University & other universities
* Research paper Writing - Module Leader for one course
* Professional Communication
* Teacher Training
* International Comparative Primary Educaiton - Associate Lecturer for the Open University, 3rd year course.
* EAP - English for academic purposes
* Strong academic writing skills according to the American tradition which delves deeply not only in the research aspect of writing but also the rhetorical features employed in argumentation.
* Very strong in advising students on their essays and research projects even in areas other than my specialision as I am well versed with what questions I need to ask to help them reach an argument and a solid research question, and then guiding them through the stages they need to follow in order to draft their material into a coherent piece of writing, convincingly reflecting the appropriate academic conventions.
* Can advise on the following areas; Research question formulation, research sources, style, tone, structure, unity, coherence, integrating support, plagiarism, in text referencing, quoting, paraphrasing, summarising, report verbs, discipline-specific language, and proofreading skills.
* Feedback sheets and tutorials for formative and summative work are something I am very familiar with and very willing to also follow up by phone or Skype as I find communicating in person with distance learning students extremely productive and enjoyable.