Mudassar's Tutoring Profile
Top-rated Cambridge engineering PhD scholar, who is formally trained with over 10 years experience in tutoring 100+ students.
- University of Manchester
- University of Cambridge
I am a gold medallist engineer with industrial experience at a Fortune 100 firm. I am currently undertaking a PhD in 3D printing at Cambridge University.
I have a range of professional work experience, as well as a solid academic record.
I am a firm believer of the Socrates approach (asking questions to tease out answers in a very friendly and interactive way). While this requires a greater initial investment, it ultimately leads to a deeper appreciation for the subject matter and helps build confidence and improve grades.
I have approximarly 1350 hours of tutoring experience (pre-GCSE through to Degree level) and am a trained engineering supervisor who has taught Cambridge University engineering undergraduates.
I led a Cambridge Immerse summer school for the last 3yrs, helping 51 students (14-18yrs old) from across 5 continents. We challenged students with logic riddles and real-life engineering calculations, as well as discussing “futuristic” ideas (AI, 3D Printing, Big Data) and how they can trigger a 4th industrial revolution.
As an Engineering Supervisor at the University of Camrbridg, I supported 41 3rd year engineering undergrads for two consecutive years. I helped with past papers and engaged the students by linking topics to real life example scenarios using industrial experience.
- PhD in 3D printing, University of Cambridge
- MPhil in Nuclear energy, University of Cambridge - 1st class
- BEng Hons in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Manchester - 1st class
Awards & Achievements
- Won Trinity Bradfield prize for a proof-of-concept study of a novel 3D printing tool / application
- Won a highly competitive Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) student grant (£1060)
- Awarded 1 of 6 Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council Awards (1800+ candidates)
- Twice won Cambridge University Engineering Department (CUED) travel grant (£1450)
- Won a competitive King's College Supplementary Exhibition Fund (SEF) scholarship (£3000)
- Awarded 1 of the only 3 Industry scholarships (150+ candidates) to read MPhil in Nuclear Energy